I haven't updated my blog in a while, obviously. The reasons are fairly sound: Nothing to write about. That's not exactly true, of course. There's been stuff going on. Christmas happened. So did the new year. My wife's back to college. My cat had pneumonia. The list goes on like that.
The problem with me and blogging is that all of that stuff, while significant to *me* and most certainly to my spouse, doesn't truly strike me as the kind of thing anyone else wants to read about. They moved my desk at work. I completed Valkyria Chronicles. I'm playing Pirates of the Burning Sea and having a great time. Cool for me, but does anybody else give a flyin'? Fairly certain that the answer to that is no. :)
I think the reason I take blog breaks is because part of me would like to wait for something worth writing about to happen, or at least a noteworthy thought to strike me. I'd take either at this point; life has been hum-drum long enough.
Jessica stayed home sick today. I was torn; I wanted to stay home with her, but I couldn't think of an adequate reason beyond, "I want to stay home and take care of her." If we were slow at work I might have gone ahead and done it, but we're busy as hell and likely to stay that way for a good long while. Call it responsibility, call it fear of job loss, whatever the reason I'm at my desk today when I'd rather be home looking after my wife.
19 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We all go through it. Some times its all I can do to drag myself into work. Today was fated to be one of those days with everyone else seeming to have today off work, but it's not been so bad so far. You do what you gotta do to stay employed and bring home the dough.
You know how I feel about your blogging, so I won't go into that.
Indeed I do know.
I think what I want to do more than anything to fix the blogging problem is simply to increase the number of things in my life I could potentially write about.
Let's face it, things are pretty dull right now. Go to work, come home, play some games while Jess does homework, go to bed. Wash, rinse, repeat. Most assuredly *not* the best use of the limited amount of time alloted to me on planet Earth.
I'm setting myself a goal today: I will have at least three ideas about what to do with my free time by tomorrow morning's blog entry.
Good for you :)
Well... I like to read about your daily doings, even if I witness a lot of them firsthand. Perhaps that's why, though. I get to hear about your acts and deeds through a different channel.
Living an event and reading about an event are vastly different experiences. However, I know I "shouldn't" blog half the days I do. For me, it's kind of compulsive. I don't even have a reactive audience now, and I do write less than I did, but I still squeeze in posts. I just like blogging more than you, I guess. *grin*
As for me being sick, I have just slept for about six hours on top of the full night's sleep I just had. That's really not normal for me. I still feel hazy and weak, but at least I'm beyond "zombie" mode.
Thinking of hobbies, are you? I'm not sure why you feel compelled to do more with your time. You seem to be happy gaming and .. uh.. gaming. And if that doesn't work, there's always gaming! Oh wait. ;)
Oh and...
Hee.
I can't read that phrase without this image popping into my head. XD
Post a Comment